Annabel’s Angels originates from a group of women (apart from Annabel’s husband, Simon) all affected by Cancer. They and the late Annabel Hancox from Derby were all diagnosed with Cancer in April 2012. Annabel’s Angels is a Registered Charitable Trust aiming to raise funds and increase support for patients, carers and families living with Cancer in Derby. This includes:
- Fundraising to purchase items or services to help improve the quality of life for Cancer patients and their families living in Derby.
- Fundraising to support local Cancer self-help groups and Cancer associated initiatives in Derby
The Charity is 100% volunteer-led with all income generated by donations and fundraising. The Charity works closely with the Royal Derby Hospital, Macmillan Cancer Support and other Cancer related support services to help improve the quality of life for families in and around Derby living with Cancer. BBC Radio Derby’s Craig Ramage became patron of the Charity in September 2015.
Recent examples of items funded by the Charity are as follows:
- family breaks
- white goods
- cleaning / gardening services
- childcare services (while a parent is undergoing treatment)
- fuel vouchers (to enable patients to attend hospital based treatment
- grocery vouchers